Discover the story behind Key Assets and what we do!
Key Assets Newfoundland and Labrador is a not-for-profit children’s services agency and part of the International Key Assets Group, a leading children’s services provider with more than 20 years’ experience delivering the full continuum of care and related services. The global reach of Key Assets is ever expanding and we currently operate in Canada, the United States of America, Australia, New Zealand, Sweden, Finland, Ireland, and Japan (see map). The Key Assets Group brings together a wealth of knowledge, international safeguarding practices, therapeutic models of intervention, academic research and more to continually improve the quality of care.
Our commitment to capacity building in vulnerable communities is underpinned through our partnerships with For Our Children (Bulgaria), the Martin James Foundation (UK), the Centre for Excellence in Alternative Care (India) and the Nippon Foundation (Japan). We also recognise the importance of research and evidence-based practice which led our founder to fund development of the Rees Centre at Oxford University.
Key Assets was established in Newfoundland and Labrador in January, 2009.
What is in our name Key Assets?
An asset is something of value. We take care of assets and we invest in them in order to have future benefit and impact.
Our name reflects our belief that children and young people are valuable and precious! They are the future and we must do everything we can to support them to grow up in safe and caring environments that help them to lead successful lives. We see children and young people as the key assets of this future.
We also recognize that in order for children and young people to do well in life that there are key developmental assets that need to be nurtured and invested in. Areas such as education, emotional well-being, cultural identity, belonging and health require our time and investment. We want our young people to be resilient.
Our name key assets reflect the role that individuals and teams make in nurturing and caring for young people. We would say that our staff, our carers and the families of children and young people are also key assets in supporting them to reach their full potential.
What is in our brand logo?
Our brand logo is universally applied across our group. It is our way of saying that we are One Company, with many products.
So what does it mean? As a social enterprise operating across 3 continents the circle reflects that we are a global company, it is the world globe. The coloured ribbons represent the diversity of our services or products and how they interlink with each other, demonstrating how we deliver a continuum of care. The small circular gap in the side of the logo can be seen in 2 ways, either for you to look through and to see what is next on the horizon or that our work is continually evolving and there is always room to do more, there is space to fill.
Our brand logo connects us across 8 countries and multiple language groups it represents our common purpose to achieve positive and lasting outcomes for children, families and communities.
Our Purpose & Pledges
Our purpose is to achieve positive and lasting outcomes for children, families and communities
Key to what we do is our culture and core values of:
- Recognizing everybody counts and is accountable
- Providing high quality and safe services
- Achieving excellence through continuous improvement
- Cultivating knowledge, innovation and learning
We will achieve our purpose by positively impacting the lives of children, young people, their families and foster parents through quality services and expert advice designed to provide support, build confidence; improve skills, develop relationships and strengthen resilience.
Children, young people and families
- Set high standards for ourselves and the care and support we provide for you
- Be on your side and accept you for who you are and what you want to be
- Prioritize your safety, connections and build your resilience
- Be passionate, caring and respectful in everything that we do
- Listen to and learn from you so that we can do things better
Our customers, parents and staff
- Deliver excellence through quality service provision, collaboration and measuring outcomes
- Act with Honesty and transparency
- Deliver innovative services in cost effective ways
- Challenge the norm, ask questions and keep our promises
- Conduct our business with financial integrity to achieve sustainability and value
- Build a socially responsible and friendly presence in each of our communities
- Value diversity and inclusion and act with cultural sensitivity and respect
- Be creative and flexible to respond to each community’s unique needs
- Recruit, train, support and retain the best people to deliver services
- Contribute to shared learning through research and partnerships