We know that in order to deliver a truly therapeutic environment for the young people in residential child care, a comprehensive, multi-faceted approach is required.
So that we can provide quality care within our residential child care programs we:
- Provide a safe environment through structure, routine and predictability
- Use activities and daily life events to bring about positive change
- Develop positive relationships and a sense of belonging
- Encourage family engagement
- Offer academic support
For more information about our approach to residential child care and the programs we offer, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on (709) 579-1624.
Models of Care
At Key Assets, we provide a staffed model of care as well as family placements. Click keyassetsnl.ca/what-we-do/family-based-care/ for more information on family placements.
In our staffed models, child and youth care practitioners work in shifts (usually 8 or 12 hours in duration) to provide therapeutic care for the child around the clock. Supports provided include:
- 24 hour on-call support, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Regular telephone contact from a qualified and suitably experienced Program Supervisor.
- An Education Coordinator to assist in liaising with schools and promoting the child’s educational needs.
- Access to a therapist for consultations and individual therapy for the child, as appropriate when needed.
- An Employee Assistance Program (EAP) provided through a contracted third party.
All Key Assets employees receive the following:
- An excellent financial package, including a competitive salary and benefits (RRSP, group insurance) that values the skills and expertise of all front-line staff.
- Twenty days per year of paid annual leave.
- A comprehensive training program delivered throughout the employment period